Compelo Packaging is using cookies

ContinueLearn More

WestRock buys corrugated packaging products provider Plymouth Packaging

Paper and packaging solutions provider WestRock has completed the acquisition of corrugated packaging products provider Plymouth Packaging.

Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.

Plymouth generates 70% of its revenue from box on demand systems and corrugated fanfold, while the remaining 30% from traditional corrugated box packaging.

The acquisition allows WestRock to expands its product solutions for multiple e-commerce and other custom-packaging applications.

The Box on Demand machines, which are manufactured by Panotec, are installed at customers’ sites as part of multi-year exclusive agreements for the fanfold corrugated supply.

Using fanfold corrugated, the Box on Demand systems are designed to produce custom, on-demand corrugated packaging to meet customer’s specifications.

WestRock is planning to fully incorporate 60,000 tons of containerboard used annually by Plymouth Packaging.

WestRock corrugated packaging president Jeff Chalovich said: “We are pleased to welcome the Plymouth team to WestRock.

“The addition of Plymouth Packaging and the “Box on Demand” capabilities furthers our differentiated packaging and packaging machinery strategies, and we look forward to growing this business in our portfolio.”

WestRock provides differentiated paper and packaging solutions to its customers from over 300 operating and business locations located in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.

In June 2017, WestRock acquired Multi Packaging Solutions International (MPS) for a total enterprise value of $2.28bn.

Based in New York, MPS produces print-based specialty packaging solutions for the customers in the consumer and healthcare sectors.

MPS manufactures different packaging products such as premium folding cartons, inserts and labels, in addition to rigid packaging products.