Menasha, a retail-focused packaging and merchandising solutions provider, was recognized with 12 Design of the Times (DOT) awards by the Path to Purchase Institute (P2PI).
The DOT competition celebrates the most successful, creative, and innovative in-store displays and digital activations throughout the year. This year, there were hundreds of entrants in 13 retail channels, including consumer electronics, convenience, dollar, drug, home/hardware, liquor, mass merchandisers, office supply, pet, specialty, sporting goods, supermarket/grocery, and warehouse.
Entries are judged based on how well they execute the four C’s of effective in-store and digital activation: command attention, connect with the shopper, convey information, and close the sale.
Menasha took home awards in seven categories: convenience, dollar, drug, mass merchandisers, specialty, supermarket/grocery, and warehouse. There were over 100 finalists in this year’s competition.
“We are extremely honored to receive 12 DOT awards at the Path to Purchase Expo (P2PX),” said Dennis Bonn, Menasha vice president of marketing. “Being recognized affirms the impact Menasha continues to make in our industry through continuous innovation and creative retail solutions.”
Final judging to name bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and “Best of the Times” awards took place during the P2PX at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Chicago. Winners were announced at the DOT reception and ceremony on Wednesday, September 27.
Menasha’s 2017 award-winning designs include:
- Stride Relaunch Family – Convenience
- Aleve TENS Family Launch – Drug
- Milka Oreo Launch – Mass Merchandisers
- ScandalEyes Reloaded Launch Floorstand – Drug
- Avocado Dump Bin – Supermarket/Grocery
- Pure Leaf Launch – Supermarket/Grocery
- Bank of America LAMà – Specialty
- Dove Cool Essentials Paperboard Multi Pack – Warehouse
- Family Dollar Oreo Dunk Campaign – Dollar
- Hershey Cookie Layer Crunch Launch Vehicles – Mass Merchandisers
- Sour Patch Redberry Slupree Campaign – Convenience
The DOT contest has taken place for more than 20 years and has recognized hundreds of leading brand manufacturers, retailers, agencies, and P.O.P. and packaging design firms.