Medicine-On-Time, a CSS Health Company, has launched a new system that improves speed, accuracy and service when building blister packs for customized medication regimens.
Color-coded by day and separated by dosing time, this innovative solution helps patients adhere to complex medication regimens. Most significantly, the cost of a CircuPack system enables pharmacies to deliver this high level of individualized service at a fraction the cost of other semi-automated systems.
A CircuPack machine supports up to 600 patients and complies with temperature and humidity protocols. Medicine-On-Time’s motNext software unifies blister pack management with other Medicine-On-Time options and integrates easily with major pharmacy management systems.
The CircuPack system helps pharmacists:
- Enable better adherence and accuracy for patients and caregivers.
- Get up to speed instantly with
- Turnkey medication storage, color coding and label printing
- Comprehensive on-site training for pharmacists
- Ready-to-use promotional/instructional material for patients and caregivers.
- Improve efficiency and reduce workplace stress by preparing medication regimens faster, with fewer errors.
- Stay up and running and up-to-date with annual service agreements.
- Respond to needs for customized blister packs for specialized circumstances.
CircuPack blister packs are color-coded by day and separated by dosing time, making it easier for patients and caregivers to know which medicines to take and when to take them. A bar-code and patient photo on each label ensures the right treatment for each individual – they simply follow the color-coded blocks clockwise around the CircuPack. A user-friendly app coordinates with the patient’s or caregiver’s smartphone, reminding them to take the medication.
“A system like this enables pharmacists to play a more essential, integral role in supporting the healthcare organizations and patients they serve,” says Perry Larson, COO at Medicine-On-Time. “We are proud to offer them this breakthrough in affordability and simplicity.”
Source: Company Press Release.