Elior North America has introduced HºEATS trays, a new self-heating technology powered by Lava Gel technology.
The trays are the first and only flame-free, mobile heat source for the foodservice industry and the product is made entirely from natural minerals and plant-based materials.
Elior North America president and CEO Brian Poplin said: “In support of our commitment to culinary innovation, we look to identify products that can improve the overall dining experience for our guests.
“Our teams tested HºEATS trays in our units and found they provided consistent, even heat for more than two hours, keeping food at the proper holding temperature while maintaining quality. This is a great solution for mobile, kitchen-fresh catering.”
Lava Gel is a patented and proven self-heating technology comprised of natural minerals that produce a safe, controlled, instant source of sustained and reliable direct heat.
Elior will be first to market with the new technology, incorporating HºEATS into its broader organization over the coming year as a safe, reliable heat solution.
Unlike other foodservice heating products, the HºEATS trays have an engineered, smart heat curve that activates to meet the temperature of the food pan and then sustains evenly distributed heat between 140-165º for more than two hours.
The heat curve is designed to carry catered food from the oven to the table and maintain quality during transport; chefs can now provide a direct-to-table, hot food experience with uncompromised quality whether the guest is eating a drop-off catered meal at the office, at a banquet facility or corporate cafeteria. The heat trays allow for a balanced and even distribution of heat to the food without creating hot spots or burning.
HºEATS CEO Dee Pettit said: “HºEATS is delighted that Elior will use its product in several geographies over the next year.
“The test pilot was a critical part of helping us operationalize our products for launch, improving quality and reducing labor in delivery, catering, and commercial kitchen operations.”
HºEATS tray benefits to the foodservice industry include:
- Smart heat – Patented, programmable heat curves for a myriad of heating temperatures, durations and needs
- Personal safety – No fire hazards or hot liquid burns, nor any toxic or caustic ingredients
- Food safety – Keeps dishes at food safe temperatures for long periods, and protects nutritional density with no overcook or food deterioration, a crucial need in hospitals, senior meals, and schools
- Simplicity – Easy to activate; set it and forget it
- Transformative – Reduces the need for expensive kitchen equipment and skilled labor to set-up or monitor, which will fundamentally change operating models, opening the door to new business processes in foodservice and creating new venues for remote foodservice
- Mobility–Ideal for on-site, delivery, or remote foodservice
- Duration – Preserves texture, nutrition and maintains kitchen-fresh quality for over two hours
- Affordability – Labor savings make the product significantly more affordable
In addition to HºEATS benefits, the Lava Gel compound is nontoxic, made from natural minerals and plant-based materials, making it an attractive option for companies looking for more environmentally-friendly solutions.
Poplin said: “Elior North America serves more than one million meals each day across the U.S. and is committed to being a good corporate citizen in the communities where we operate.
“HºEATS plant-based materials and natural minerals provide an environmentally-responsible product for our operations.”
Source: Company Press Release.