The aseptic packaging market size is expected to reach $76.8bn by 2025 from $39.9bn in 2017, at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2018 to 2025, according to a report by Converged Markets.
The report “Aseptic Packaging Market by Material (Plastic, Paper & Paperboard, Metal, Glass & Wood), Type (Cartons, Bottles & Cans, Bags & Pouches, Vials & Ampoules), and Application – Global Opportunity Analysis & Forecast to 2025,” published by Converged Markets states, the aseptic packaging market size is projected to grow from USD 39.9 billion in 2017, to reach USD 76.8 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2018 to 2025.
Early buyers will receive 10% customization on this report
The aseptic packaging market witnesses a growth due to the demand for pharmaceutical supplies, change in consumer preference towards the use of food preservatives, requirement for dairy beverages, necessity for convenience products, and overall expansion of the packaging market. The market is expected to particularly grow in the emerging regions such as Asia-Pacific and South America.
The cartons segment is expected to dominate the market through 2025.
The aseptic carton packaging is highly demanded from the food & beverage, dairy, and pharmaceutical industries. They are available in various sizes-from 150 ml to 2 liters. Although many new packaging designs and shapes have recently entered the market, aseptic cartons typically conform to the well-known block shape, as it permits easy stacking for more efficient storage.
Paper & paperboard material is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
Paper and paperboard materials are most commonly used by the packaging industries worldwide. Approximately 95% of paper is made from wood and the remaining 5% is prepared from the agricultural byproducts such as sugar cane bagasse, straws of wheat, and others. The Asia-Pacific paper & paperboard market for aseptic packaging is estimated to grow at a higher CAGR from 2018 to 2025. The rise in urbanized population and demand for convenience food are the key drivers that influence this region. Europe and North America have strict regulations about eco-friendly products, which is the main factor for the growth of this market.
Beverage segment is anticipated to grow at the highest rate during the study period.
The beverage application is expected to contribute the largest share in the aseptic packaging market. The market for packaged milk is growing tremendously; the main benefit offered is the increased shelf life along with retained nutritional property and high safety. The beverage segment is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the Asia-Pacific region. This is due to the growing consumption of milk and dairy products, fruit juices, and alcoholic beverages.
Asia-Pacific is projected lead the Aseptic Packaging Market through 2025.
The Asia-Pacific aseptic packaging market is the fastest-growing due to an increased economic growth. The countries in Asia-Pacific account for over a third of world’s GDP, according to a paper published by the World Economics in February 2015. It is projected to be the fastest growing region, due to rise in demand for convenience products from consumers, producers, and regulators, and increase in urbanization. The fast growing countries in Asia-Pacific are China and India, caused by the change in their lifestyle and increase in disposable income. These trends have contributed to the growth of the aseptic packaging market in the region.
The major players include Robert Bosch, DuPont, Tetra Laval, Reynolds Group Holdings, and Amcor. The other players in the market are IMA S.p.A, Greatview Aseptic Packaging, Bemis Company, Schott AG, and Becton, Dickinson and Co. These companies adopt strategies such as acquisitions, expansions, agreements, partnerships & collaborations, and new product launches to strengthen their position in the market.
Source: Company Press Release