tna will be using a combination of virtual and augmented reality at this year’s interpack in Düsseldorf, Germany, to showcase its complete range of packaging and processing solutions.
Visitors to hall 15, booth B22 will be transported into a “real world” space, where they’ll get the chance to experience tna’s leading equipment designs in a multi-sensual environment.
This will include everything from tna’s cost-efficient steam peelers and high performance fryers to its gentle distribution, accurate seasoning, precise weighing and high-speed packaging solutions. Using the latest, cutting-edge technology, visitors will go on a virtual ride that will give them the unique opportunity to fully immerse themselves into the production process of a complete potato chip line – from start to finish.
At the same time, augmented realty will make it possible to bring individual systems to life and allow visitors to interact with them to find out more about their specific capabilities and features, creating a truly impactful virtual experience.
“The food processing and packaging industry has come a long way and technological progress has played a huge part in this,” comments Alf Taylor, CEO and co-founder of tna. “At tna, we pride ourselves in providing the industry with cutting-edge solutions that set new standards. We were the first to see what’s possible in terms of packaging speeds and have never let go of our dedication to innovation. At the same time, our business growth from single product to an entire line of solutions, means we needed an innovative, exciting way to show our customers and prospects our full range of start-to-finish solutions.
Showing off the capabilities of our cutting-edge solutions through state-of-the-art technology was therefore the obvious choice. Virtual and augmented reality not only allows us to demonstrate the breadth of our entire product line through a single device, but it’s also an incredibly powerful tool that will let our products come to life. That way customers can develop a real understanding of our complete turnkey capabilities in an environment that is familiar to them and they can relate to. We’re really excited about the show this year and can’t wait to provide visitors with an experience they won’t forget.”
With 30 offices around the world and over 14,000 systems installed across more than 120 countries, tna offers a wide range of products for the snacks, confectionery, nuts, cereal, pasta and fresh and frozen industries. tna and its family of brands offers comprehensive portfolio of turnkey solutions including:
- Packaging: From completely integrated, high-speed vertical, form, fill and seal machines like the tna robag FX 3ci to full washdown solutions like thetna arctic 3, tna offers some of the most advanced and versatile packaging solutions in the food industry.
- Weighing: tna’s highly accurate multi-head weighing solutions bring the ultimate in efficiency, simplifying your weighing process while running wet or dry applications.
- Potato processing: As the only single source supplier to the potato processing industry, tna offers complete processing lines for chips and French fries, including cost-effective pre-processing equipment, high-performance fryers like the Florigo conti-pro or speciality batch fryers such as the FOODesign batch-pro, all the way through to freezing tunnels from leading brand Ferguson.
- Candy processing: Thanks to tna’s recent acquisition of Australian confectionery equipment supplier NID, tna is now also able to supply complete mogul lines, including some of the most innovative starch moulding systems and all the necessary ancillary equipment.
- Distribution: horizontal and vibratory motion distribution systems like the tnaroflo HM 3 and the tna roflo V 3 will minimise product loss for optimal conveying of your product.
- Seasoning: the tna intelli-flav OMS 5 is the ultimate on-machine seasoning system that can provide both powder flavouring and liquid oil in a single drum, delivering consistent coverage and flavour to your product.
- Inserting & labelling: Now available fully integrated into the tna robag packaging system, the Unique Solutions PouchPlus 1000 and LabelPlus 360 enable the high-speed application of promotional labels and/or insertion of value-added two-dimensional items, such as coupons, and three-dimensional items like toys or dry or liquid-filled sachets.
- Controls integration: tna will also present its comprehensive controls integration and SCADA reporting technology in addition to its extensive range of site support, full project management and training services.