DS Smith has reported organic corrugated box volume growth of +3.2% for 2016/17 full year results.
- Strong organic corrugated box volume growth of +3.2%
- Growth in all regions
- Continued excellent growth from pan-European customers
- Continued investment to expand the business
- Capital invested in line with strategic priorities
- Five acquisitions in the year, totalling £85 million, focused on display packaging and expanding in Iberia, and Plastics
- Building leadership positions in growth areas of e-commerce and display
- Continued delivery against our medium-term targets
- Sustainable financial returns
Miles Roberts, Group Chief Executive, commented:
"We are delighted to report another year of good growth for DS Smith, delivered through a combination of acquisitions and organic development. We have expanded our customer offering during the year both geographically and through our continuous focus on innovative solutions for our customers and delivered against all our medium-term financial targets.
This progress has continued into the new financial year. Full recovery of the recent paper price rises is progressing well and as expected.
Today's announcement of our intended acquisition of Interstate Resources Inc. in the US offers a very exciting opportunity for us to grow and support our customers' needs over a wider geographic area.
Although economic conditions remain uncertain, our innovation-led offering, the scale of our operations, and the momentum in the business gives us confidence in further growth and sustainable returns in the years ahead."