All of these motors are small, compact, and easy to install and set up. The driver, controller, encoder and Hall sensor are all integrated within the motor in a robust, splash-proof housing. The basic motors offer the following standard features:
- Operating commands from PC/PLC via RS232/422/485
- Pulse/Direction or quadrature inputs for electronic gearing
- A+B encoder output
- Velocity and torque control, either controlled digitally or via ±12bit, ±10V inputs
- Positioning via digital interface
- Software-controlled end-of-travel stops
- Selection of acceleration, maximum velocity, torque, etc.
- 6th-order servo filter
- Sine commutation with 2048 PPR encoder. (8196 pulses/revolution.)
- Alarm and "in position" outputs
- 3 inputs and 3 outputs for High Speed start/stop and capture applications
- Internal Power Dump
In addition, the JVL integrated MAC motors utilize a unique modular concept. Plug-in expansion modules adapt the motor to the application. You can choose connector type, e.g. D-Sub, cable glands or M12 connectors, and you can freely choose between Profibus, DeviceNet, CANopen or nano-PLC control. High-speed and wireless modules further add to the possibilities.
This means MAC motors provide you with opportunities unmatched by any other motor on the market. Also equally important, you only pay for what you need. Moreover, if the feature you require is not available, we offer to develop your own customised module.
The new MAC400 provides all of the same features as the larger MAC800 model and in addition offers:
- Absolute multiturn encoder (Q2 2009)
- Prepared for PowerLink; EtherCAT; Ethernet/IP; ProfiNet and SERCOS
- Even lower cost due to newest technology and production techniques
- Improved 2-channel power dump circuit
- 2 RS422 channels for encoder in/output and SSI encoder, etc.
- 6 IO for capture of position; interrupt, counters, enable, timer and PLC functions
- High-speed serial interface
- Plugable power connectors
- Natural cooling, no fan
Among the many well-known advantages of using an integrated motor like the MAC motor, the following can be mentioned:
- Simple installation. No cables between motor and driver
- EMC safe. Switching noise remains within motor
- Compact. Does not take space in cabinet
- 24VDC for control circuits
- Option for built-in brake
- All MAC motors use the same expansion modules
- CE approved/MAC800 UL recognised, pending for MAC400
- Built-in 115/130VAC mains supply in MAC400 and MAC800
- Low price
The new MAC400 model has been developed because of customer requests for a mid-range solution in the highly successful MAC series. The MAC400 fully lives up to the strict requirements JVL put on all the MAC motors regarding performance, versatility and reliability.
For further information E-mail: email@example.com. Web: www.jvl.dk