The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted MOL Norge AS a drilling permit for well 3/7-11 S, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 3/7-11 S will be drilled from the Rowan Viking drilling facility in position 56°21’48.17″N and 04°08’44.60″E.
The drilling programme for well 3/7-11 S relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production licence 539. MOL Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 80 per cent. The other licensee is Lundin Norway AS with 20 per cent. The area in this licence consists of parts of block 3/7, and borders on the Danish shelf. The well will be drilled about 45 kilometres northeast of the Valhall field.
Production licence 539 was awarded on 19 February 2010 in APA 2009. This is the second well to be drilled in the licence.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
Source: Company Press Release