The Association of State Dam Safety Officials (ASDSO) in the US is inviting anyone interested in dam safety to submit abstracts of papers, which will be considered for presentation at this year’s ASDSO annual conference, to be held from 9-12 September 2001 in Utah, US.
Conference presentations are limited to a time of 30min each, and authors may choose from the following subject areas: • Hydrology and hydraulics: risk analysis/assessment, paleohydrology, PMF/PMP, overtopping and spillways.
• Geotechnical issues: grouting, rock anchors, liquefaction, slope stability analysis/design, seismic issues, seepage and instrumentation monitoring.
• Emergency preparedness: flood warning systems, EAPs, dam break applications and disaster mitigation.
• Dam design and rehabilitation: case studies in rehabilitation, (small dams cases studies are requested, including lessons learned), underwater operations, RCC, spillways, stabilisation and instrumentation/monitoring.
• Dam inspections: outlet works, radial gates, dam owner experiences and solutions and inspection techniques.
• Dam removal: dam breach issues, innovative engineering and construction techniques and environmental issues.
• Dam safety regulatory programmes; state programmes, federal programmes, public relations, programmes in other countries.
• Dam owner issues: lake management, environmental issues, shoreline erosion, remote operations, public awareness and public safety at dams.
• Dam construction: environmental issues, contractor experiences, spillways, instrumentation/monitoring and general case studies.
Abstracts must be 200-300 words in length and reach ASDSO by 1 March 2001. Selected papers will be announced on 16 April 2001. To enter your abstract or to find out more about this conference, visit: http://www.damsafety.org or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.