The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted a drilling permit to Eni Norge to carry out drilling of well 7122/7-7 S in production license (PL) 229 offshore Norway.
Well 7122/7-7 S will be drilled from the West Hercules drilling facility in position 71°17’33.53″ North and 22°15’14.46″ East after concluding the drilling of wildcat well 7324/3-4 for Equinor Energy AS in production licence 615.
The drilling programme for well 7122/7-7 S relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production licence 229. Eni Norge AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 65 per cent. The other licensee is Equinor Energy AS (35 per cent).
The area in this licence consists of parts of blocks 7122/7, 8, 9 and 10. The well is drilled about 2.4 kilometres west of the discovery well 7122/7-1 on the Goliat field.
Production licence 229 was awarded in the Barents Sea Project in 1997. This is the eighth well to be drilled in the licence.
The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
Source: Company Press Release