Bank of the James has purchased a building at 1391 South High Street in southwest Harrisonburg, Virginia. This property was a former bank branch and was previously occupied by another financial institution.
Bank of the James plans to open a full service banking office at the South High Street location later in 2015, subject to regulatory approval.
"The Harrisonburg market offers great potential for our expansion as this community is similar to the diverse economic base currently found in Region 2000, our bank’s headquarters," commented Robert R. Chapman III, President and CEO.
At the current time, Bank of the James, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of the James Financial Group serves the greater Lynchburg, Virginia MSA, often referred to as Region 2000, and other markets in and around Central Virginia.
The bank operates nine full service locations, two loans production offices, and an investment services division. Bank of the James is a full service commercial and retail bank that opened in July 1999.